SPiC - Students in Practice for a Future Career
The project aims at increasing the employability of 260 students (Bachelor and Master's degree) of "Babes-Bolyai" University of Cluj-Napoca (UBB) registered at the Faculty of Law (FD), Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences (FSPAC) at the Faculty of Sociology and Social Work (FSAS), by improving professional skills and gaining practical experience following participation in integrated activities: practical training, career guidance and guidance, social innovation, professional competitions, etc. with all the support and direct involvement of the labor market.
The project includes a set of 6 activities, one of which is to ensure project management, including sub-activities to ensure implementation and visibility of the project through information and publicity measures. The other five activities are:
- Concluding partnerships (50) between Babeş-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca and practice partners.
- Organizing and conducting practical training sessions for 260 students, of which 90 from the Faculty of Law, 85 from the Faculty of Political, Administrative and Communication Sciences and 85 from the Faculty of Sociology and Social Work; this activity also includes monitoring the professional trajectory of students who have benefited from project internships.
- Organizing and conducting professional counseling and guidance focused on developing professional skills with the involvement of labor market representatives. This activity includes, besides regular career counseling and career activities, innovative actions such as conferences and debates organized by the three faculties with the participation of representatives of well-known employers in the field of study of faculties. Also, the activity includes organizing the "Career Days" event in each of the three faculties, which is still an opportunity for interaction between students and representatives of professional backgrounds of interest to students. Also in this activity is the organization of public speaking trainings, logical argumentation and critical thinking and demonstration debates related to the career, debates organized in the form of a contest with prizes for the participating and the winning students.
- Organizing and conducting social innovation activities in the community, taking into account the organization of social innovation actions with the participation of a local rural community in a joint effort to capitalize on local opportunities, identifying the solutions proposed to the social challenges, thus contributing to developing the professional skills of the students and preparing them for career by carrying out concrete activities from the practice of the fields for which they are being trained.
- Organizing and conducting professional competitions for students with cash prizes and mobility in the EU. Specifically, 120 students (each 40 students from each faculty involved in the project) will compete to receive a prize of 300 lei per person or to receive the big prize consisting of an exchange study visit of experience in representative institutions of the European Union (Court of Justice of the European Union, European Parliament, European Council, EU Council, etc.).
All project details can be found here.