The Department of Administration and Public Management of Babeş-Bolyai University, recognized by the Ministry as the best program in the field in Romania, was created in 1996 on the basis of international projects funded by the European Union (Tempus) United States. DAMP has been an exception from the beginning among the other public administration schools in Romania, mainly because it has implemented, with the support of Western partners, an interdisciplinary approach in the study of public administration. Master studies at DAMP are conducted in Romanian and English. For the Romanian line, teaching is provided for both the frequency and the low-form education.
Specialization of Public Public Management (part-time)
The Master's Program of Public Administration addresses primarily those who want a career in the public sector, local and central government.
The Master's degree program at the Department of Administration and Management is based on an interdisciplinary approach, which combines teaching and research, theoretical aspects and the development of students' practical skills (through internship and practice programs). Our program has been developed by integrating the highest international quality standards and ending with a recognized diploma in the European space. The program promotes through different areas the professional qualification and development as well as personal development, preparing competitive and competitive labor market specialists, capable of meeting the challenges and opportunities of the future. Cooperation with foreign universities and research institutes ensures close contact with the scientific community and the international competitiveness of the program.
Our curriculum, based on an interdisciplinary approach, also ensures a high level training for the nonprofit and the private sector, combining the knowledge transfer and accumulation component with the development of abilities that graduates can use in any field of activity.
The graduate is a specialist in the management of public and non-profit organizations. The curriculum of the specialization offers the flexibility and the openness needed for graduates to develop a career in the public and non-profit sector. In addition, the program offers skills that can be transferred to a position in the private sector.
- The capacity to analyze and interpret the legal framework of public administration;
- The ability to evaluate public programs and policies; performing impact analyzes;
- Skills and knowledge to design sociological research, process the data obtained and develop recommendations;
- Ability to design and implement development strategies in the public and non-profit sector;
- Ability to analyze and interpret economic policies and make forecasts;
- Ability to negotiate and amicable conflict resolution.
Possible future career: consultant, expert, referent, inspector, specialist public administration inspector, human resources analyst, public sector auditor, expert accessing structural and cohesion funds, public administrator, administrative-territorial unit secretary, urban and territorial planning, local development agent, community facilitator, local strategy developer, project manager, program director, project writer, fundraiser, volunteer coordinator, trainer, project / program evaluator, marketing specialist for NGOs lobby, budget consultant, internal auditor, economic consultant / economist, tax consultant, organizational development consultant, strategic management expert, evaluator, prefect.
The Master's program, the Management Management Specialization, of the Faculty of Political Sciences, Administrative and Communication, is part of the Babeş-Bolyai University's policy of developing some master-level studies capable of contributing to local, regional and national development viewing social, economic, cultural, political vision, by engaging in reality, in accordance with the needs of the community.
The curriculum also includes various courses in the field of media management: Media ownership structures, Media organizational culture, Media projects management, Law and labor legislation, Media consumption and audience segments, Branding and corporate identity, Mass- Media, Diversity in the media.
In the evaluation of the scientific research quality of the teachers who have applied to teach the Media Management masters are used the CNCSIS quality assessment standards.
The knowledge, skills and abilities acquired are sufficient to allow graduates to engage in the labor market, develop their own business, continue their studies in the next cycle, and learn at all times.
Each course is designed to combine teaching, learning and examination. Student examination and evaluation processes are centered on learning outcomes and are announced to students in time and in detail.
Curriculum proposed by the Department of Journalism for the Masters Program Media Management is an excellent opportunity to deepen knowledge for graduates of the bachelor's degree in journalism / media studies and beyond. Courses such as Good Media Practice Methods, New Media Culture, Crisis Communication Management, Successful narrative structures provide students with information to develop knowledge.
Forms of examination are modern: tests to verify acquired practical knowledge, research projects and media products presented during colloquia, announcement in advance, etc.
- specialists with intellectual and scientific occupations
- writers and creative artists, performers and assimilated artists
- writers, journalists and assimilated;
- film and theater actors and directors, and other performances
- commentator, special correspondent, radio correspondent, editorialist, photo reporter, press / publishing lecturer, commentator, editor, reporter, cameraman, broadcast secretary, editorial secretary, DTP, journalist, literary critic,
- producer of Radio-TV, producer of Radio-TV (news), radio-TV editor (news), picture director, specialist TV program selection, TV presenter, audio-video producer, TV program coordinator, , video journalist.
- High expertise in journalism;
- Ability to design and produce media or multimedia products
- Ability to use media-specific techniques (video camera, voice recorder, camera, sound and image editing programs) The Master of Media Management gives the graduates:
- High expertise in journalism;
- Ability to design and produce media or multimedia products
- Ability to use the technique specific to media production (video camera, recorder, camera, sound and image editing software);
Advertising is an area that has had a distinct dynamic in recent years in both Western European countries and Romania. The number active of advertising and public relations agencies in the Romanian market is growing. From the regional development of the creative industries point of view Cluj-Napoca is an important center. Advertising is also a complex field that offers opportunities for master graduates. The support of the largest advertising agencies in Cluj-Napoca for the Master's degree program in advertising has been materialized not only in providing places where students can practice their skills, but also in supporting workshops and the participation of professionals as guests. The objectives of the program are to propose majors for the advertising industry, for creative departments, for strategy, planning and research departments, media and production departments of the various advertising agencies.
Graduates of this major will acquire the following specific competencies:
- Analysis of social communication;
- Knowledge, understanding and use of specialized language;
- Analysis of different types of audiences;
- Developing, managing and evaluating advertising campaigns;
- Making advertising products (press mock-ups, audio-video spots, etc.) for different types of media (classic and new);
- Writing advertising messages;
- Making media plans.
According to COR (Classification of Occupations in Romania), the graduates of this specialization have the following professional perspectives:
- Research Assistant in Advertising;
- Public Relations specialists;
- Leaders in advertising and public relations services;
- Assistants and assimilated occupants in higher education;
- Other advertising jobs.
The Master of Public Relations has been developed as a response to the development of the communication market and addresses both graduates of Communication and Public Relations and graduates of other undergraduate programs. Within this master's theoretical aspects of communication, public relations and publicity are studied and it especially puts emphasis on the development of practical skills in this field.
The Master of Public Relations gives the graduates:
- high expertise in PR and communication;
- planning and organizing events;
- use of PR tools, methods, techniques and strategies;
- organizing, coordinating and controlling PR campaigns;
- organizing, coordinating and controlling intra- and inter-systemic communication.
According to the COR (Classification of Occupations in Romania), the graduates of the Public Relations Masters can hold public relations positions such as public relations specialist, mediator, marketing specialist, protocol and ceremonial specialist, chamber consultant, spokesperson, brand manager.