Applications can be submitted or sent by post either to the
Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai, Centre for International Cooperation (68 Avram Iancu Street, 400083 Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
Or directly to the
National Centre for Diploma Recognition, Ministry of National Education (10 Spiru Haret Street, Sector 1, 010176 Bucharest, Romania)
After the Romanian Ministry of National Education issues the recognition of the foreign degrees, the candidate follows the same calendar and admission conditions as Romanian citizens (including subscription at the Faculty, documents, and possible exams or file contests): http://admitere.ubbcluj.ro/en/
List of documents for the recognition of studies
1. Application form (https://www.cnred.edu.ro/ro/recunoastere-studii-cetateni-europeniadmitere-master-doctorat-DPPD-in-Romania )
2. Bachelor Diploma – simple copy if the documents have been issued in one of the languages Romanian, English, French, Italian or Spanish
- Simple copy and certified translation in Romanian language if the documents have been issued in other languages;
3. Transcript of Records/Diploma Supplement – simple copy if the documents have been issued in one of the languages Romanian, English, French, Italian or Spanish
- Simple copy and certified translation in Romanian language if the documents have been issued in other languages;;
4. ID/ passport copy;
5. Copy of the receipt for the fee of 50 lei which shall be deposited in one of the the bank accounts mentioned below: fees can be paid by payment order in one of the accounts mentioned below. Please indicate in the payment order the following:
Beneficiary: Ministerul Educației Naţionale
Fiscal Code: 13729380
Bank: Activitatea de Trezorerie şi Contabilitate Publică a Municipiului Bucureşti - ATCPMB
IBAN Code: RO86TREZ70020E330500XXXX
SWIFT Code: TREZROBU
BIC Code: TREZ
Beneficiar: Ministerul Educației Naţionale
Cod Fiscal: 13729380
Banca: Banca Comercială Română - BCR, sucursala Sala Palatului
Cod IBAN: RO35RNCB0080005630300077
Cod SWIFT: RNCBROBU
Cod BIC: RNCB
Important: On the payment order or postal mandate issued IBAN must appear for the payment to be valid!
For the payment in EUR, the fee will be calculated at the exchange rate posted by the Romanian National Bank on the day of payment .
Diplomas from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus need to bear the Hague Apostille Convention from the authorities of the country that issued the document.
Diplomas issued in countries which are not party to the Haga Convention must be authenticated by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country, and the Embassy of Romania in that country.
The certificate for recognition will be sent to the university or issued to the owner of the study documents / another person empowered by the owner of the study documents.
1. CNRED is free to ask for any further evidence concerning one’s studies.
2. The evaluation of the recognition file takes 30 working days since the file is registered at the National Centre for Diploma Recognition. The processing time could be extended in case additional checks are required.
3. No application is examined if any of the required documents is missing, or if spaces in the application form have been left blank.
4. All the documents (certified translations and simple copies) submitted for recognition will remain at the archive of the CNRED. For admission at the university, candidates will prepare another set of documents, according to the admission procedure.