Course objective and learning outcomes: The purpose of this course is to introduce first year journalism students to fundamental theories and concepts in the field of media studies.
- Understanding the evolution of mass media and the interplay between society, economy and media
- Understanding mass communication and early effects theories and propaganda theories
- Understanding the and being able to use concepts relating to the structure, organization and typology of media institutions
- Understanding reception theory and types of audience segmentation
- Understanding concepts and theories relating to contemporary developments in the media sector
Course objectives and learning outcomes:
- The understanding of the structure and dynamics of popular media texts in the context contemporary global culture
- Identifying popular media texts in contemporary culture
- Classifying popular media texts according to structure
- Understanding the concepts relating to popular culture and media communication
- Understanding the cultural dynamics of popular media
This course aims to improve upon the understanding of the concept of online journalism, starting with text and reaching complex online platforms, as well as the techniques involved in creating such media products.
- Manager: Dorofte Alexandru